Monday, September 05, 2005

London Gatwick to Toulouse to St. Jean Pied de Port

So after much anticipation I finally landed in London yesterday at 7:30am. But just my luck I lined up in the longest slowest line ever and it took me 1.5 hrs to go through customs. Then I got yelled at by the customs guy coz i couldnt understand his british airport talk. Then I couldnt find my baggage coz i was way late in picking it up and i ended up missing my rendez-vous with rudolph by 5 mins since he had to check in for his flight home.

Then, after 8 hrs of waiting, napping on chairs, eating funky soup and catching up, Lisa n I went on our plane to Toulouse,France. This time around we didnt hve much problems with the airport n got on the bus to the train station near our hotel just in time. At the station we got out train tix for this afternoon n after being turned away from one hotel coz they were full, we ended up stayin at Hotel Des Ambasadeurs...it was nice n small and we totally savored our last night of comfortable beds, pillow, private washroom n television.

Today, we walked around Toulouse in search of a propane tank for Lisas camp stove but alas, our mision failed. However, we did get to see some of the city, attended mass at Basilique St. Sernin, and met Fr. Philippe who blessed my rosary, hooked us up with a stamped Pilgrim passport which will allow us to stay at the refuges along th e way to Santiago, and he was super nice to also bring us to the grocery store where we got some provisions for the next few days.

All in all, it has been interesting so far. The French seem to be nicer than the Brits And I really hate this keyboard in this Internet cafe coz it isnt QWERTY!!!! Well, tomorrow we start the real adventure with packs that sem to be too heavy and no insoles coz i forgot it at home...yeah...i knew i was going to forget important stuff.


P.S. So far Lisa n I have managed to resist the boulangeries and patisseries here in France n shoppin too. I guess it helps that we r strapped for cash.

P.P.S So far I have seen one cute guy in France and so has Lisa...none in th e London airport though.

P.P.P.S The French immersion course this summer has helped a great deal although most people who realize i aint francophone switch into english if they know how. Too bad I didnt practice much spanish though. oh well....

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Glad to hear you made it in once piece. Just so you know the Brits are really nice. The customs guys are probably just a little frazzled. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home