Saturday, July 30, 2005

Hired BridesMaids


So Loan's Wedding was today...we didn't do much of anything. Angelique, Ate and I arrived at the church and no one was there yet. We spent the first 10mins trying to fix our tattered scarves coz we couldn't walk down the aisle with just our sleeveless dresses. Then I almost tripped (but thankfully didn't) while I was walking. The ceremony itself was short and sweet. But the greetings after it ran a bit too long coz we ran out of time and the park picture taking was cancelled (w/c sucks). We had about 3 hours to kill before the reception so we went to Wendys (I know, classy place to go to after a wedding but we were hungry) and then walked around Vaughn Mills. Angelique and I should've changed our shoes coz we were dying.

The reception hall was really nice, the food was indian so I was really happy with that. They also played some indian music and that was fun to dance to. The thing that kind of upset us is that we were completely left out of the wedding. We had nothing to do, we weren't even with the rest of the entourage when they came to the church. Not only that but at the reception, we weren't seated with the rest of the entourage but at the last table at the back!!! Yeah, totally left out. We felt like hired bridesmaids for the pictures...and well, I guess we did our job coz the photographer loved us. He took pictures of us wherever we go (and I'm definitely sure he didn't do that with the maids of honour!) hahhahaa.


Overall, it was a fun night and am really glad for Loan and Mayur. As usual, I had no such luck with catching the bouquet....guess I'll just be a proverbial bridesmaid/maid of honour. Blech!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home