Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Day of Leisure

So I was supposed to get the basement cleaned today...well, I did manage to get rid of some stuff but the place still ressembles a storage room -- my room looks even worse. However, I did manage to finish my first novel (complements of Shani) of the summer. I also watched "Got 2 Believe" a Filipino Romance-Comedy flick. It was actually pretty good and had funny parts. Sigh, all this romantic stuff I've been reading, watching or listening to has gotten me all in the mood for love...(hearing beats from Grease) summer lovin' tralalalalala...

Anyway, while I was watchin the movie I realized how nice it is when people say "I love you" in their own native tongue. When the guy in the movie said "Mahal Kita" versus "I love you" it sounded so much better and seemed more sincere than the latter. Yeah, so now I definitely agree that saying "I love you" is overdone by people whose first language isn't English. So, for all you multicultural lovers out there, don't be afraid to say how you feel in the language/dialect that you are most comfortable with. The chances are, even if your partner cannot understand the words you're saying, they will understand EXACTLY what you're feeling.

As an aside, my cousin's wife Ate Rose just gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Congratulations to Kuya Jeremy and his family!!! I wish I could be there to see the beautiful mother and daughter. O sige...panghuli na yan ha! hehehehee. **MWAH**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home