Sunday, May 14, 2006

Y'all have a good time now!

So my sis and I arrived in Houston, Texas on Monday afternoon. My cousin Allan picked us up from the airport. Totally wacked how I have a cousin who not only speaks with the southern twang but also loves country music. So funny. And he likes Star Trek and has named his dog Geordie after one of the characters. Hahahah. He's pretty cool though coz he took us to his fav bars and we met some of his friends that night. I also met my other cousin Michelle who thinks Allan is uncool and she brought us to a karaoke bar where she works. Unfortunately for me, I was getting real sick and couldn't have as much fun as I wanted.

The next day, my sis and I took the greyhound to Garland, Texas with a short stop-over at Dallas. Man...people who take the bus in Texas are messed up. They all look weird and shady and could be characters in the Texas Chainswaw Massacre movie. My sis and I were pretty scared and uncomfortable at the stations. Some dude tried talkin to us in the bus but my sis just pretended to be sleeping..I was knocked out with Gravol. In Garland we visited my grandpa's sister, Lola Nens and one of my mom's cousins, Tita Lilibeth and her husband Tito Jun. I met my cousin Kevin for the first time. He's only 11 and has no cousins there so he was pretty happy to see us. My family took us out shopping and a short tour of Dallas where we saw where JFK got shot. We also went to the JFK memorial which is just a huge artsy box in the middle of the city. It was kinda plain and disappointing but cool nonetheless.

It was kinda sad saying goodbye to them but at least now we know where they live and can hopefully visit them again soon. I was supposed to hang out with my friend Nathan in Dallas too but we got too busy and I just didn't have time. Back in Houston, my aunt Helen (whom I also never met before) picked my sis and I up from the station and we had dinner with her. We also surpised my grandma's sister Lola Violet at her place. That night, I also met my other cousin Mark and his son Andrew and Allan's parents Tita Alice and Tito Dave with whom we stayed with for the night. The next day, we had lunch with Lola Violet at wicked barbecue place then we went for dessert at her house. She took us on a tour around her backyard and garden where she trains bonsai plants. It was really cool. Afterwards, Tita Alice and Tito Dave took us to NASA Space center. It was pretty fun...my sis and I took crazy pics as usual. Then we headed to Hermann's park where we saw a ballet "Giselle" in an outdoor stage setting. It was really cool. Too bad we didn't get to finish it coz we had to meet up with Allan. THat night Allan took us and his other friend Jacob to a houseparty. We didn't know anyone there but it's free booze so we just drank. Then we met up with Allan's other friends at a bar downtown. Overall it was a pretty fun day/night. Even though I didn't get a chance to go see a rodeo or ride a horse or go to a square dance, I still had a good time down in Texas and will definitely want to come back and hang out with family and friends again.


Now, vacation time is almost over. Kuya Ian picked up my sis and I from the airport and he took us to a mediterranean restaurant where i stuffed myself with chicken shawarma. Then when we got home, my Tita Flor took us out shopping and to make a long story short...she made all my shopping dreams come true!!!!! Afterwards, Precious, Kuya Ian, Ate and I went to an LA club called Vanguard where we met up with Ruby, Ian's bestfriend. THe music was pretty good and we had a great time. Ofcourse, laughs all around especially when char has had several alcoholic beverages. hahaha.

Today is Mother's Day and my last day here in Cali before I leave for home tomorrow. I'm spending it with family ofcourse and hopefully I'll get to see Clarissa sometime tonite as well. Man....I'm so going to miss everyone here again...and well, the pleasure of being on vacation of course. It's been a great and memorable trip and I can't wait to see all the pics!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home