Thursday, April 06, 2006

Arrived Alive!

So after doing some last minute packing I flew out from Gloomy Toronto to Sunny California last night. The plane ride, though long was quite uneventful. I ended up sitting beside a nice chinese lady who was visiting relatives in Toronto. It was great coz there was nobody between us and I had more leg room...the plane was pretty packed. There were loud drunken people behind me but I had airplane classical music blasting in my ears which tuned them out. The curtesy movie played was JUST FRIENDS which was actually pretty funny. Made me wonder if I've ever had guy friends whom I put in the "friend zone" but wished they weren't categorized so. We landed in Vegas a bit early and I was quite tempted to put some money in the slots (yup they even had slot machines at the terminals!) Thank goodness the chinese lady (whose name I never got) was waiting for the same plane to LA as me and we just chatted it up. The flight to LA was quite short. At first I thought it was gonnna be torture coz the baby infront of me was screaming its lungs out but it quieted down once we were on air. Another mother with a baby sat beside me but the baby was so cute (despite its unibrow) and kept smiling at me. There was a kinda cute black dude sitting across the aisle beside me but he was too serious looking. Never had an expression on his face from the time he got in the plane till he came out. I finally arrived in LA around 1am in the morning. My poor aunt and cuzin was waiting for me...I felt so bad they had to pick me up at such an inconvenient time.

Today, surprisingly enough, I woke up pretty early. Must've been excited to be in the states. Unfortunately, everyone at my aunt's place had work and I ended up spending the morning watching TV. Woohoo!!! Just when I was about to go out of my mind, Aunt Kathleen (the same aunt who picked me up from the airport but not the same one I was staying with) called to have lunch. We went to City Wok, good chinese food place. Now, I'm chilling with my cuzins and my uncle came over too and is now enjoying singing karaoke by himself. so funny. so far, california has been quite pleasant but uneventful so far. But then again, it's only the first day after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home