Thursday, October 20, 2005

London



So Lisa and I arrived at London yesterday and my sis met us up at Victoria station. Unfortunately, she left today and so we really didn't get a chance to hang out in this side of the world. However, we did totally luck out that our friend Jen just got a new place days before we arrived and so now we've got a comfortable bed and have access to clean and hot showers.

Lisa and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day in London. Clear skies for our 1 full fun-filled day in the city. First, we took a stroll through Hyde Park which was really nice. We were planning to walk all the way to Buckingham Palace but we went the wrong way and ended up in Kensington Gardens. But it was actually a good thing since we got to see the Albert memorial and also went inside the Queen Victoria and Prince Albert museum and tried on a hoop skirt. It was past noon when we left there and we were quite hungry. We found ourselves a chinese buffet place for 4.50 pounds and stuffed ourselves so we don't have to eat dinner tonite. Yeah, we're quite broke. After lunch we took the tube to Buckingham palace, took a bunch of pics then walked through St. James park towards Westminster Abbey. There I got to see the tombs of British royalty. Most of all, I got to see the tombs of Thomas Hardy, Charles Darwin, Bronte sisters and other poets that I love. Oh, and the coronation chair as well. After the abbey, Lisa and I headed towards Trafalgar square where we went to the National Portrait Museum and I saw those of Lord Byron and the Bronte sisters and other cool people. We got distracted by a shoe shop but managed to leave without buying anything. However, we weren't quite as lucky when we went to Covent Garden. Lisa and I ended up buying sweaters and had a nice dinner of sundaes. We wanted to see more of Covent Garden but we had to rush to St. Martin of the Fields Church where we bought tickets for tonight's concert. It was awesome. We listened to a string orchestra that featured Vivaldi's Four Seasons by candlelight. I wouldn't have wanted to spend our night in London any other way.

Tomorrow, Lisa and I are parting to go back to Canada. I am so going to miss her after having spent more than a month together. I still can't believe the trip is over...that I've actually walked the Road to Santiago. I'm so happy that I got to do it with Lisa, I couldn't have asked for a better companion. And I am ever grateful that we remain friends after the whole trip =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home