Friday, May 20, 2005

Family Fun!

Today was so much fun. We went to visit our aunts out by the sugarcane fields. Tita Jean hired a jeepney for all of us. So cool. It was so nice seeing everyone again. My great aunt Ellen has Alzheimers now and I had to introduce myself to her several times. After eating lunch in their kitchen hut, we went to go see Lola Ellen's husband who, even though he's over 70, still farms. I got to ride a water buffalo (better known as Kalabaw)!!! I almost fell but it was awesome!

Next we went to a fresh water spring resort. We weren't prepared to swim but then I pushed my sister into the water and then she pushed me. So everyone ended up swimming in their civils. It was so much fun. Before we headed home, Tita Tim packed us some mangoes and santol. Yummy! I was so sad to leave, I shall miss them soo much. Tomorrow, we head back to Manila -- complete with live chickens!!! I can't believe they'll actually let us take that on the plane! Oh well, this is the Philippines after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home