Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bantayan Island

It was a crazy bus ride. The seats were all torn up and I swear the driver must have been drinking coz it felt like we were in a rollercoaster! However, the night of no sleep, bumpy bus ride and slow ferry ride was worth seeing the white sands of Bantayan Island - the eggbasket of the Philippine Islands. I was soo excited to hit the water I had to stop myself from jumping off the ferry. However, first things first: relatives. We met one of my dad's cousin from his mom's side. Tito Marcelino let us hop into his pedicab and took us to my great uncle's place. Lolo Tony looked so much like my grandfather it's scary. Unfortunately, since my siblings and I couldn't speak a word of Ilonggo or Cebuano, we couldn't chat much. After visiting the relatives, we finally hit the beach. VP got stung by a jellyfish. Hahaha! It was sooo fun. It's too bad we didn't plan our trip better, it would have been nice to stay overnight. It was sad to leave that beautiful place, but at the same time, I can't wait for the ferry ride ahead of us to Dumaguete, southern tip of Negros Island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home